So I’ve decided that if I want potato chips badly enough, then I’ll take the time to make them. From scratch. No preservatives in these potato chips. Just good old-fashioned crunch.
2 potatoes (We usually make one potato per person.)
1. Pe-heat oven to 400º F.
1. Slice potatoes into thin slices with a knife or mandoline. Then cut the slices in half.
2. Place slices on an oiled cookie sheet or pan (we use two smaller pans). Space out slices as you would cookies.
3. Drizzle olive oil over your slices and rub around so the oil’s on all the slices.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until you see them browning in the oven.
Crunch away and enjoy your potato chips. You can eat more knowing they are all natural. And didn’t you burn some calories taking them in and out of the oven?
What guilty snack do you like to make from scratch?